Wednesday, July 25, 2007

ultimate happiness

Already yesterday Lev concluded that my unjustified happiness springing from the fact that I started working hard in the lab, can be only explained by me entering the maniac phase of the bipolar disorder. I wonder what he would say today seeing me running around the lab, laughing, jumping and taking pictures of everything and everybody WITH MY NEWLY ARRIVED NIKON D40!!! It's amazing that such a small thing can make somebody so happy...
So far I only got 18-55 and 55-200 Zoom Lenses and I hope that I will not regret not having wide angle zoom lens during my hike in Sierra Nevada next week. But I already tested VR (vibration reduction) system of my 55-200 lens and I have to admit that it works amazingly well - basically removing need of carrying a tripod with you!
The stupid mistake that I made was not ordering immediately the second battery. I guess I should still buy it somewhere before I go for my week long hike.
On this note I wanted to thank everybody who helped me decide which camera I should buy, especially Lars, who provided me with the most comprehensive information about Nikon D40. Actually, I am going to add his comments to my previous post about the camera, in case anybody else would also find them useful.