Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas in the Polish mountains

This year my family decided to spend Christmas holidays in the mountains located in the southern most part of Poland, just a few kilometers away from Slovakia. Initially we were supposed to stay in Krynica Gorska, but then we decided to go to Szczawnica. In the end I think my parents would have preferred to stay in Krynica as you can do more things there in the evenings, but I was happy that we stay in Szczawnica. There was nothing to do and there were no tourists.

We were planning to go to some of the beautiful caves in Slovakia, but unfortunately, all of them were close during the Christmas days. Also my plan to learn how to snowboard failed as there was no snow (except for the artificial one in a very few spots). So we kept ourselves busy by visiting neighboring cities and going for short hikes here and there.

Here is list of posts that will cover all the things that we did in the mountains:
  1. Christmas Eve dinner
  2. Szczawnica
  3. Homole Hike
  4. Niedzica Castle
  5. Osada Czorsztyn
  6. Zakopane
  7. Gubalowka
  8. Krynica
  9. Jaworzyna Krynicka
  10. Nowy Sacz

Here is a photo that I took on our way to Cracow. It does not belong to any of the posts mentioned above, but I like it a lot, so I thought I will post it here: