Thursday, January 15, 2009

Like a vampire

It's 20+ Celsius here for more than a week now. Normally that would make me very happy, but in my current situation it is a major annoyance and inconvenience to me. If possible, I try not to leave the house during daylight hours. And if I have to do it, then I behave like a vampire - always avoiding direct sun and using the side of the street that is currently more covered by the shade.

Why? Because my skin is hypersensitive to the sun and direct exposure to it can lead to its hyperpigmentation. I do not leave the house without applying SPF20 moisturizer, followed by SPF20 make up foundation and SPF60+ sun block, but I am still not sure if that is enough to protect me from this intense sun that we have right now.

My skin is hypersensitive to the sun because of a dermabrasion surgery that I underwent 4 weeks ago. During this procedure the outer layer of skin (epidermis) is removed by abrasion, leaving the remaining skin more sensitive to the outside environment.

I decided to dedicate a separate blog to my experiences with the dermabrasion, as I feel that more people might find information that I will provide there useful. Here is link for this new blog: http://dermabrasiondiary.blogspot.com/. There is only one post there right now, but soon there should be more.