Sunday, July 4, 2010

Lake Lagunitas and Bon Tempe hike

Today Anil, Tadhg and I went on a 5-mile hike around Lagunitas and Bon Tempe Lakes located on the northwest slopes of Mt Tamalpais. According to Moon's "California Hiking" the hike should offer spectacular views (10 on a scale 1-10) and should be relatively easy (2 on a scale 1 to 4). I would rate its easiness at 1 (on the same scale as authors use) and its views as 8. I think I will keep "10" reserved for the hikes that I loved so much that I would not mind doing them again even as soon as a week later. The Lagunitas and Bon Tempe Lakes hike was definitely very pretty, but I doubt that I would like to revisit them anytime soon.

I thought that this sign that we encountered at the beginning of our hike was pretty funny. I was scouting the trees to see if there were any people working "in" them, but I saw no one:


Lake Lagunitas:






Bon Tempe Lake:


Mother duck and its seven ducklings: