Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mt Woodson hike

On the second day of my stay in San Diego Bartek and I went for a hike to the top of Mt Woodson. It was a relatively challenging hike (6.4 miles/10 km long) with a total elevation gain of around 2'ooo ft (650m). What made it really challenging for me was that I was attempting it on day 8 of my fast... But I made it and I am very happy about that. It's good to know that if I ever get stuck or lost somewhere in the mountains, I still will be able to hike for a few days without providing any food to my body.

The hike starts at the Lake Poway:


Bartek on the way up:


There are great views from the trail into all directions:






Top of Mt Woodson does not look too attractive though...


Just near the top of the mountain there is this awesome rock formation, often referred to as "surfer's board":