Saturday, August 15, 2009

Oahu - downtown Honolulu & Chinatown

On one sunny afternoon while my parents were sunbathing on Waikiki Beach, I decided to go to downtown Honolulu and its Chinatown. Even though Oahu has an excellent bus system, it is not easy for the tourists to use! Not on a single bus stop you could find a map of bus routes or their schedules. Because of that I ended up walking way more than I initially intended and my feet were hurting me a lot at the end of the day.

But I should not complain as on my way I saw many interesting things that I would not have seen had I taken the bus, like this "First Chinese Catholic Church":


Park with beautiful red trees:


Iolani Palace:


Interesting fountains and other sculptures among high-rise buildings in downtown Honolulu:


Chinatown and the gate leading to it:


Chinese clock:


Buddhist temple: