Saturday, October 20, 2007

Polish Omelet on soy milk

I was extremely hungry for the past three days and whatever I tried to eat it always failed to satisfy my hunger. Finally, tonight I figured out that what I need is high protein, preferably egg based, meal. So after coming back from Nata's party I decided to make an omelet for myself. Unfortunately, we ran out of milk and as it was already after midnight (meaning all shops in the neighborhood close) I had to improvise and I ended up using soy milk instead of regular cow's milk. I have to say that I was very positively surprised with the results of that experiment. Actually, the omelet made in this way was better than regular one. It was crispier and slightly sweeter (but not too much). I think from now on I will always make it on soy milk.

Recipe:
Whisk two eggs, add a pinch of salt, glass of milk, 3/4 glass of flour, mix everything together. Pour the egg mixture (it should form a layer of around 0.5 cm) into a well warmed up frying pan and swish it around. Leave it alone for a few minutes to allow it to cook and "set up." Turn to the other side and do the same.