Monday, November 26, 2012

New Apartment, New Husband

Few days ago we moved to a new apartment in a beautiful, sunny, and pedestrian-friendly Noe Valley. I used to live in that neighborhood when I first moved to San Francisco six years ago and I've been in love with it since. I was very excited that we found a great apartment there and that I'd be able to revisit and share my old favorite places in that neighborhood with my husband. Additionally, we have lots of friends living nearby our new place and we've been taking advantage of that by paying some of them semi-spontaneous visits, or by arranging last-minute meetings for coffee in one of many coffee shops located on the 24th street. It's a great feeling to be able to WALK to meet your friends as opposed to driving, and it makes scheduling much easier.

It also seems that the new apartment came with a new, improved, version of a husband. My husband of two-and-a-half years has gone through a major personality change after the move: I don't have to ask him anymore to help me with cleaning! He seems to enjoy vacuum cleaning, moping the floors, cleaning the bathroom, polishing windows, loading and unloading dishwasher, and he does all of these things out of his own initiative! Yesterday he even polished all wooden and metal decorations that we have in the house... I'm not sure if I should be happy or worried ;) But I'll go with happy and assume that this drastic change of behavior should be attributed to how much he enjoys our new place and wants to contribute to maintaining it in a good condition.

My husband actually mentioned a few times that now that we have this great new place, he doesn't feel like going to work or traveling anymore. I'm with him on that. It's so relaxing to just chill in our apartment and enjoy the views that I much rather have people over for coffee/drinks/dinner/brunch than go out to fancy restaurants without the views but with all the hustle and bustle of making reservations and/or looking for parking. So, friends, you are hereby invited to visit us anytime suits you–no need to make an appointment, just show up (like our parents used to do when there were no phones...). At the very least you'll be served a delicious coffee, some home-made sweets and a good company :)

Our living room and my new rocking chair :)


The living room.

The living room faces the ever-green backyard.

Our bedroom.

My new fancy kitchen.

Our new dining table.

The views from the kitchen.