Thursday, September 20, 2012

Students Love Me!

Let me share with you something I'm very happy and excited about: yesterday I received my students' evaluations for the spring semester and they're better than I could have hoped for!

In each of six aspects evaluated by the questionnaires (instructor commitment to student learning, instructor preparation and organization, instructor/student interaction, testing, course objectives, and course assignments) the students judged my teaching skills above the national, institutional and unit means.

It means a lot to me, as I put my heart into teaching and I truly care about all my students. However, I wasn't sure if the students would be able to see it, as my teaching style is more strict and demanding than that of a typical American teacher. Luckily, it looks like not only students noticed but also appreciated it :)