Sunday, April 18, 2010

mehendi...

On my hand!


I am planning to have mehendi done on my hands and feet for the wedding, and today I went for a trial to see how my skin reacts to henna. The henna artist that I chose had amazing reviews and all her clients commented on her speed of work. I do have to admit that we were truly impressed with her too. To create the pattern that you can see above took her only around 2 minutes! Then I had to wait 10 minutes for henna to dry and after that Rachna applied a mixture of lemon juice and sugar to my palm that is supposed to make the henna last longer. So I am a bit sticky right now :) But the true challenge will be to survive next 24h without coming in contact with water...

In case you wonder, it is also a challenge to type on the computer right now :) So that's it for now - expect more detailed update tomorrow.