Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Poznan - Fara

Embarrassingly, during the five years that I lived in Poznan, I never visited the Fara Church. It is one of the most beautiful baroque churches in Poland. It was built in the second half of 17th century and it features a 16th-century crucifix and the Virgin Mary, as well as magnificent baroque ornamentation.

During this year's visit to Poland I finally repaired my mistake and went there together with Anil and Agnieszka. It was definitely worth a visit, and I would strongly recommend it to anybody. BTW On Saturdays at 12:30 pm there are free pipe organ concerts.


Beautiful mural at the ceiling:

The main altar:




Pipe organs:


The Fara is located at the end of the short Swiętosławska Street, located at the south-eastern corner of the Old Market Square: