Friday, July 9, 2010

call me wife, house wife

Yesterday I cooked a nine-dish dinner for myself and my husband. It seems that I have to overdo everything, even being a wife:


Clockwise, starting in the left top corner:
  1. couscous
  2. ginger-glazed carrots (fried grated carrots in ginger & spices)
  3. cucumber raita (yogurt, grated cucumber, cilantro, turmeric, salt, pepper)
  4. coconut chutney (this dish was made by Anil)
  5. ratatouille (sauteed, each separately, mushrooms, onion, green bell pepper, white squash, tomatoes, tofu, spices)
  6. sauteed white squash (white squash, pepper, salt)
  7. sweet cabbage (shredded cabbage, orange marmalade, white wine vinaigrette, soy sauce, ginger, garlic)
  8. fresh salad (mixed greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, lime juice)
  9. zucchini with feta (sauteed zucchini, feta, cilantro, spices)

I also planned on making cheesecake, but luckily we did not have any butter/margarine at home.